Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Jagged Quilt

I have a free pattern for you to try!
I've been slowly working on an easy foundation pieced quilt. I drew it up in Electric Quilt a few weeks ago and then searched through my stash for scraps.
Each block can be made quite quickly so when I have a spare 15 minutes I make a block.
If you have ever wanted to try foundation paper piecing, but have though it looks a bit tricky, a pattern like this is a great way to start. I've added the template to Craftsy so all you need to do is print it out, grab some scraps and get sewing!

 I chose a palette of pinky/red and grey, but this pattern will work with any combination. Each block in mine is 5" x 10" which only just fits on an A4 page, so I sized it down slightly to 4 1/2" x 9" so each block can print comfortably on a page. Of course you can scale it to any size you want.
I'd love to see what you make with my pattern. Use the tag #jaggedquilt on Instagram. You can find me on there as katehendersonquilts.

No comments: