Wednesday, July 08, 2015

Man Sewing

After seeing Lara's great Finlayson sweaters and Jalie t-shirts I thought I would have a go at sewing a few more things for Chris.
 I started with a V-neck Jalie 2918. I have always been a little bit scared of doing a V-neck, but the instructions were great and this was very easy to do. He has worn this black one a few times already.


I don't think he is as keen on this one, but I really like it.
 Next I tried the Thread Theory Finlayson Sweater. This is the second one I have made. The first was in some horrible red fabric and was too big, so I cut a size smaller (and took a couple of inches off the sleeves) and used some nice navy ponte (I think it was from Spotlight) and this is much better. The collar is still not perfect, but it is ok. This is a great pattern, it can also be made with a hood so I think I will be making one of those soon.

No comments: