Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Vogue 1323

 After making Chris a shirt I thought my wardrobe could do with a couple. I had originally planed to make McCalls 7094, but after getting the pattern, looking at the pattern pieces and seeing some reviews I realized it was just going to be too tent like. I went through the pattern stash and found Vogue 1323.
 I left off the pockets and the collar and added 1 1/2" inches to the length after holding the pattern up on me. I also took about 1 1/2" off the sleeve length and they are probably still just a little too long.
I will probably just wear the sleeves rolled up so I am considering cutting them off to 3/4 length, but I took my time and did a good job on the cuffs so I can't bring myself to do it yet.

It's comfortable to wear, I like the fabric, but it's not one of my favourite things I have made. I like loose fitting voile tops so if I want another one I think I'll make another Tova.

No comments: