Thursday, April 24, 2014

Simplicity 2591 #2

After a small change in my hair colour last week I realized I needed some clothes to match. I pulled out this beautiful soft denim and made another Simplicity 2591.
You can just make out in the picture below my favourite part of this dress pattern - the darts at the bust which you sew before you sew the princess seams. I can't believe I haven't seen this in a pattern before and I have been sewing for dresses for over 25 years. It gives the top of this dress such a nice fit.
 I used Liberty for the binding and inside the pockets.
I made it a week ago and have already worn it three times. 

6 comments:

Plum Cox said...

Cool hair, cool dress! I love the combination of denim and Liberty!

Suzy said...

Nice hair! And the dress looks great too.

scientician said...

Yay! Welcome to the pink hair club!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Wowzer! I think I shall have no trouble locating you at Quilt Market! :o) I think Martingale said "wear something fun" and I think you hit the nail on the head. Awesome. My daughter had hot pink hair in HS. :o)

Stitching At Stone Cottage said...

Ooh La La. Great dress, great hair!

Marina said...

Congrats on your book Kate and good luck at the Quilt Market. Love the clothes you've been making .... Marina :) x