Monday, April 28, 2014

Baby Tea Leaves

A new cardigan for Olive just in time for winter. It's the baby version of the Tea Leaves cardigan. I couldn't resist making this in the suggested yarn - Madelinetosh Pashmina. I used Astrid Grey which is a beautiful pale grey. The pattern, like the other versions of Tea leaves, is excellent. My knitting leaves a lot to be desired. I knit a lot of this watching Borgen so I was concentrating on reading the subtitles not what I was doing and there were a few dropped stitches, the bands probably should have been redone and there are holes under the arms, but they aren't too noticeable when she is wearing it.  I made the 18-24m size and it only just fits Olive at 19m. I do tend to knit a little tight, but she is not tall for her age, so I would recommend making a size or two bigger than is needed.
I managed to get a couple of photos of Happy Olive before it ended in Cross Olive screaming for the camera.


8 comments:

Suzy said...

The cardigan is so cute, and she looks adorable (and very happy) in it.

Taryn said...

Lovely! Olive looks very angelic in that colour. It's a great pattern - I made my daughter one in 4ply (fingering) which took some working out, but it has been very well worn! :-)

flowerpress said...

Naw, so cute. What lovely photos!

Stitching At Stone Cottage said...

Why don't we get to see cross Olive as well?? I love seeing someone's else's child stack it! She certainly can't be cross about that cardigan, it's gorgeous.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Adorable. Hard to believe that sweet face could turn sour with the snap of a camera!

Annie said...

She is so gorgeous Kate!

Sue rostron said...

Both cardi and cute kid are lovely

Krista said...

So lovely girl and cardigan!