Sunday, March 16, 2014

Scrappy Crosses

I had such a hard time choosing which fabrics and colours to use for the quilts in my book. I sketched them out and tried different combinations in Electric Quilt. I had a few ideas for different backrounds for the Scrappy Crosses quilt. I ended up using a few different colours of Sketch by Timeless Treasures (I love this fabric, you could never go wrong choosing it as a background).
 Another option was to use low volume fabrics for the background and bright scraps for the crosses. I had an hour to myself this morning so I thought I would try it out. I think I might love this combination almost as much.
If you want to win a copy of my book The Handmaker's Factory are currently holding a giveaway.

2 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Either way is very eye catching. I bought the Electric Quilt program and have not become friends with it yet.

The Seven Seasons said...

Hi Kate, I received the copy of Strip Savvy today. Thank you so much, I love it. I can't decide which quilt to start first. I love night sky and fly away home so I might need to flip a coin to choose. Thanks again

Allie