Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Sewing, Knitting, Hairdressing

I discovered the Skater Dress had been scaled down to a 6-12m size so I had to make a mini one for Olive. This is still a little big and long for short Olive, but it won't be long until it fits.
The start of a Foliage Hat which I have wanted to knit for years. It is a quick knit I started a few days ago and it should be finished tonight.
 Evie has been bugging me for a haircut ever since we took her Bali braids out (pretty sure after all that brushing and crying they will never get that done again). She kept asking me to do it, so I thought why not? After the first cut I realized why I stopped doing it a year or so ago. It's quite easy when they only have a little bit of hair. I'm hoping her waves hide most of the scissor marks. She isn't bothered though, she loves it! I kind of casually suggested she not tell anyone at school who did it. Of course she told everyone it was me. I think this might be the end of cutting my children's hair.


6 comments:

Christine said...

What an adorable dress! I think her hair looks great. I would be terrified to cut my kids hair.

tales from a handmade home said...

That haircut's pretty cool, I wouldn't even know where to start.........love the skater dress.....so pretty.

Kirsty said...

I cut my kids hair all the time. My father says "There's only a week between a good and a bad haircut". So true.

Lurline said...

Really cute dress and Little Miss looks ver happy!
Hugs - Lurline

Brenda said...

Love the little dress for Olive! And Evie looks adorable and her hair is really cute!

Sue Rostron said...

Love the dress and the fabric. And the haircut is great - hard for her to look terrible she is so pretty anyway!