Monday, May 13, 2013

Liberty Hot Water Bottle Cover

Growing up in a farmhouse without insulation, and cracks in the walls, our family has always been a fan of the hot water bottle. I knitted Mum a cover a few years ago, but last year it developed a big hole that couldn't be mended. I had plans to knit a new one, but sewing one seemed much more manageable before this winter. So I made one for Mother's Day. I used some scraps of Liberty, some solids and some tan and white polka dot fabric. I made it up as I went along, but I found this tutorial which is basically what I did.

 


5 comments:

Christine said...

Great idea! I think I need a hot water bottle.

Louise said...

Thanks for the link to the tutorial. Your cover looks great! I think I may need to make one of these this weekend - the nights are getting colder in New Zealand...

tales from a handmade home said...

Very pretty and a lovely gift for your mum.

Thimbleanna said...

Very clever Kate. I especially love that pretty little binding fabric!

Annie said...

Loving this Kate...sure has been the weather for them!