Monday, May 14, 2012

Apple and Almond Cake

Thankyou for all your lovely messages on my last post!
I love apple season. My girls love apples and eat a couple each every day. Adding fruit to a cake always makes it seem a little healthier (when logically you know it is not).

Apple and Almond Cake

120g butter
1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
Vanilla essence
1 1/2 cups flour
2-3 tbsp milk (maybe a little more)
2 apples
Slivered almonds

Cream the butter and sugar. Add the eggs one at a time and beat well. Add the vanilla and then the flour and milk. Mix. Grate one apple and mix in. Place in a cake tin (I use a square one) and grate the other apple over the top and then sprinkle the almonds over the top. Bake at 180 degrees C for about 35-40 minutes.
I love this smock top from Ottobre 1/2011. I made a few for my girls last year. This one is for my niece's birthday.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

The cake looks yummy. I love the smock top, cute fabric.

Wisdom.Courage.Love said...

Love that top!!