Saturday, December 31, 2011

Knitting Bags and Organisation

I have seen a lot of posts and resolutions for 2012 focusing on organisation and sorting out sewing rooms. I probably should focus on this too. I really need a clear space where I can find what I need and see all my supplies. It would make sewing easier and less frustrating. I think it will need to be done in very small steps otherwise I get overwhelmed and give in.
As a start I made some bags to hold all my knitting projects (yes there are at least 5 things on the go). I used this pattern from In color Order. It is a great pattern - I love sewing sometimes when someone has done all the Maths for me. Sometimes I have to sew and not think too much. I made 2 different sizes. One to fit a hat, socks or shawl in and a bigger one to fit bigger projects like cardigans for the girls in.
Happy New Year to you all and hope you all have a great 2012!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the link kate, might have to give one of these a go myself. happy new year to you too! thanks also for sharing all of your sewing projects with us during the year, it is always a pleasure to see what you've been up to.

x

Sue said...

Happy New Year for 2012 Kate! Hope you have a fantastic year. I dont think I am going to make any resolutions for next year, just to enjoy the everyday.

Nima said...

Happy New year to you..i'm also in an organising spirit.hope it will stay year long for me...lol

Vic said...

I shudder at the thought of organising my craft space... at least it's up a ladder, out of sight is out of mind!!

SewSurprising said...

Maybe I should add some bags like this to my list, I currently house my crocheting in the clear packets that my curtains came in, they do work well, just dont have that look ;) and have a great 2012

Lisa said...

Love the bags! Happy New Year.

Kate said...

Happy and creative and sweet new year Kate!
Love the idea of cute little knitting bags. x

Anonymous said...

Happy new year. I love reading your blog and seeing the lovely things you make. It is a relief to come across someone else who loves fabric and colour and homemade things.

I wondered if you sell the pattern to make your bags as I really like the shape of them.

Copper Patch said...

I want to see a photo of your girls wardrobes! Not in a weird way, I can just picture rows of dresses and skirts all handmade by you. I'm in awe of your productivity!!!
Love your knitting bags.
Happy sewing,
Ab

frisky frog said...

Great bags!
Happy new year!

Anonymous said...

Hi kate, sorry I am a ningnong at posting and haven't figured out how to do it properly. Anyways I saw these beautifully designed patterns from here in NZ and thought of you. You'll appreciate the packaging design at the very least.

http://shop.papercutpatterns.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1&Itemid=2

Sue Rostron
NZ

Sigrun said...

Happy new year.

Prof. S (the enchanted bobbin) said...

Just found your blog...it is lovely!! And a week or so ago I made myself two (enlarged) versions of this very same bag for my own knitting. Yours are beautiful. Happy new year to you :)