Monday, April 04, 2011

Single Girl Block

I finally finished cutting out all the pieces for the Single Girl quilt by Denyse Schmidt (there is a great flickr group with lots of examples). I ended up making templates out of template plastic and then using a small rotary cutter to cut them out. I think I would rather stick forks in my eyes than trace and then cut all the pieces. Because the pieces have straight edges or slight curves using a rotary cutter worked fine.
I sewed up one block this morning. It really is a well written and drafted pattern and if you follow the instructions it goes together perfectly. The curves are very easy to sew as the circle is quite large. Only 15 more to go.


5 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Well forks in your eyes would not only hurt but wouldn't be very attractive! :o) Love the green background.

Christy said...

Love the green background. I've been keeping an eye on the flickr group for inspiration.

Nicky said...

I am loving all these single girl blocks - yours is special as I love green (you only need to see my kitchen to know this!)

Browndirtcottage said...

Hello there....I came over from Lurline's blog.
You have such wonderful projects and a great blog!

And what a real cutie you have modeling your granny square scarf in your previous post!!

Karen said...

Looking good!Its a great pattern. I have seen some others in blogland and it will make a fabulous quilt.