Friday, April 29, 2011

Giraffe Pants and Modkid Skirt

I could not resist these Clothkits giraffe pants for Eva. I do love their kits. I love how you can open them and everything you need is in there. The only modification I made was to do the drawstring like the one from the Oliver and S Sandbox Pants.


There were a couple of extra panels and the instructions suggested you make a bag with them which I did. I used the ribbon that was used to wrap the kit up in for the bag handle. I cut out the size 2 for Eva and had to take them up quite a bit. I did ot cut off the extra - just folded it up so I can let them down as she grows.

I whipped myself some skirts up the other day. I used the Madeline skirt from Modkid. I used black cotton jersey for one and black cotton jersey and some jersey from Ink and Spindle for the other. I have made some quick and easy skirts in my time, but this may be the quickest and easiest yet. I made 2 in less than an hour and that included cutting out time. There is only a back, front and band. I made the band just over half the height of the one in the pattern so you can wear it not folded over.



8 comments:

Sue said...

Very cute giraffe pants and I love the little bag too. Your skirt looks very nice too.

HeavenLee Creations said...

Love Eva's pants, Kate! I have been meaning to make some of these, but they are at the bottom on my "To Do" list.... I hope everyone is well. Lv Lee

Stacey @ bakercourt said...

Giraffes! This is so brilliant, and that's a perfectly posed photo too ;)

AJ said...

CUTE!

Jill said...

Those giraffe pants are gorgeous!! Cute bag to match too!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Bianca said...

oooh love the skirt!

Unknown said...

I love the giraffe trousers! They are so cute! :) x

Lisa said...

you are making so many great things lately (well, you always do actually). I'm going to check out that modkid skirt. Think it would suit me with it's elastic waist band.