Monday, February 22, 2010

Penguins

I think this honeycomb fabric from Kei is my favourite at the moment and somehow it seemed perfect for penguins. Slowly being listed in the shop.
I think the last time I sewed something with lining was for my sisters wedding 4 years ago. And it is slowly coming back to me how much lining tends to annoy me. Actually I think following patterns really annoys me, but I made a muslin yesterday and I just received some lovely silk/linen and some cotton lining in the mail from Tesutti and I'm crossing fingers that this will be quite wearable. The pattern is Butterick 5319 and people like me who live nowhere near a decent fabric shop - Tessuti will send samples! Easy fabric shopping from home.

10 comments:

Megan said...

they are so cute- love that fabric!

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Don't they look gorgeous together, beautiful work, love Posie

Rachel said...

I love the penguins they are lovely, and that honeycomb fabric is great!

Belinda said...

Gorgeous work on the penquins. I think the one the very end is my favourite!

Erika Mulvenna said...

Oh those penguins are so cute! Good luck sewing up the pattern, sounds like you bought some lovely fabric.

Corrie said...

love the penguins and love the fabric choices :)

madebykk said...

When I buy a pattern do you send it by e-amil oder by post?

Deb @ PlainStitch said...

I love those penguins! Each one is a character!

Novi On The Go said...

I just came form Tesutti's blog, some sophisticated looking fabric they've got! Love the penguins all in a row like this. (refering to your last post) Working on several projects together fires me up, variety is the spice of life Kate!

Anonymous said...

Always love to peruse your blog. Just realised that the soft doll i am making for my niece's 1st b'day from the "more softies" book is you! Thank goodness for simple, yet inspiring - you've saved the day! JoBloCo